1. As a result, business investment in key areas such as equipment has been historically weak for a U.S. recovery. A slowly improving jobs picture and rising household wealth could spark a virtuous cycle of stronger consumer spending, increased business confidence and rising investment. If it doesn't, the year could be another letdown.
6. Housing started last year on a high note. It ended the year facing mounting worries about higher interest rates, supply constraints, tight credit and a host of other problems.
1. The ground-breaking discoveries in physics, have ignited a firestorm of research, and it’s only a matter of time before their research leads to advances as unimaginable to us now as lasers and computer chips were a hundred years ago, Laura H. Greene, president-elect of the American Physical Society told The New York Times.
2. 盖尔 加朵
3. STEP 7: DEVELOP a special interest
4. 1．Rain Man
5. Age: 39
6. 时间：2009-11-09 编辑：vicki
2. Xi Jinping and other leadershave made it clear that China is willing to accept a slower growth pace if thiswill allow for a more sustainable, consumer-driven expansion of its economy.Some prognosticators are quick to conclude that China’s economy will soonsignificantly slow down, especially because China’s economy has sputteredfollowing prior instances when the nation’s leaders have effected suchfundamental economic reforms (such as in 1978 and 1993).
3. 'The book is true to the character and keeps him as fans would want him, which is as the original hard-bitten guy,' he said.
4. Charles River Ventures合伙人拉斐尔o科拉莱斯认为，学术界、基础设施以及政策等诸多领域的发展，表明2014年是迄今对比特币而言最重要的一年，尽管在此期间比特币波动很大。科拉莱斯表示：“短期而言，那些不懂或不相信比特币大有可为的人很容易攻击这一点。他们批评这一点再容易不过了。在过渡阶段，肯定会有剧烈震荡，所以只看一年的价值波动是愚蠢的。”对于偶尔出现的黑客袭击，科拉莱斯补充道：“短期内肯定会有颠簸，但问题很快就会迎刃而解。而且有一个庞大团体正致力于解决这些问题。因此，尽管存在小的颠簸，你应当对此感到兴奋不已。”
5. ‘Episodes’ This comedy on Showtime, too often overlooked, follows the bewilderment of two British TV writers stuck in Hollywood creating a series for Matt LeBlanc, who plays a diva version of himself very convincingly. Not many shows set in the entertainment industry can sustain the conceit, but this is one that got even better in its third year.
2. In terms of salary three years after graduation, Germany leads the way for masters in management programmes, with three schools in the top four. Graduates of WHU Beisheim have the distinction of earning the highest salary, at $98,123 on average.
Financial success and dazzling new technology alone might have been enough to earn Apple’s steely chief executive the FT’s vote as the 2014 Person of the Year, but Mr Cook’s brave exposition of his values also sets him apart.